Started by neversondaniel, February 10, 2014, 04:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neversondaniel

What happens after you die?
*mod*-
If your brother was an atheist....
If your mother was an atheist....
If your neighbor was an atheist...
If your an atheist....if you are an atheist ..you are = you're....not "your"..see?  Let's try this again.

If you're an atheist..

See?

If you're an atheist you're smart enough to understand that, if not, your mother raised a religious twit.- aitm

GrinningYMIR

Nothing

its a lack of existence
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

neversondaniel

But you guys are risking to go to hell! There's a chance you might go to hell. Satan is laughing at you right now. How do you feel about having no god? Would you rather ave a huge being watching over you?

Hijiri Byakuren

Same thing that happened before you were born, I would imagine.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

GrinningYMIR

I'm an atheist, I don't believe there is a hell. Besides, do you really want to base your entire life on the fear that unless you stick to a specific doctrine you'll burn in fire for all eternity?
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: "neversondaniel"But you guys are risking to go to hell! There's a chance you might go to hell. Satan is laughing at you right now. How do you feel about having no god? Would you rather ave a huge being watching over you?

I think you accidentally described God as a child molester

which makes sense based on Catholic priests

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "neversondaniel"But you guys are risking to go to hell! There's a chance you might go to hell. Satan is laughing at you right now. How do you feel about having no god? Would you rather ave a huge being watching over you?
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

PopeyesPappy

Jesus Titty Fucking Christ! Will somebody hammer this troll?
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

neversondaniel

sunnyK

a highly under exaggerated aaaaahhhhhhhhhh. When i was thirteen i  sold my soul to the devil, i know better than that now. You look at the clouds your entire life and after a while you are just going through the motions, cmon man you now there is nothing up there. Just be honest, when is the last time god spoke to you in an audible voice and it was not just a voice in your head that told you what you wanted to hear.

sunnyK

The movie Fantasia start to finish, that is my answer. (I have always wanted to say that!)

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "neversondaniel"What happens after you die?
A few things.

You cease living.
Your body starts to decay.
The rest of the world around you continues living their life until they die.

I don't worry about my death. I make sure I enjoy life and others enjoy theirs.

Plu

You're risking going to a number of horrible afterlives as well. Does that bother you? If the answer is "no", then you understand how we feel about the one you believe in as well.

If ever you get confused, just think of your opinion regarding Islam, or Buddhism, or New Age Hippyism, or Norse Mythology. We regard your fables just as you regard those fables :)

AllPurposeAtheist

Nah..I have an appointment for 3 seconds before I die to blurt out, "Forgive me.. I'm a fucking sinner! WOOHOO!" Got it covered. :rollin:
Oh wait,  the pope said even atheists can go to heaven by doing good deeds.  I let two fat chicks on the bus in front of me last summer so I'm saved.  [-X
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

La Dolce Vita

The same thing that happens to anyone, regardless of your religion or beliefs - you cease to exist. Nothing suggests that there's anything more to our conciousness than what is created and stored by our brains, and absolutely everything we know suggests that's all we are. So at this moment in time we can be pretty much certain that when anyone dies, they are gone from existence.

(Note that there are atheistic religions with afterlives, and also gullible non-religious atheists who has bought into, or just by created, ideas of afterlives as well)

As for the possibility of going to a hell: There are legions of gods, and at least a decent portion of them seem more upset about people worshipping the wrong gods. If a petty and vengeful god happened to exist I therefor find it more likely that it will be the christians, etc. that will get the worst threatment (and as we can be 100% sure that christianity is wrong, if there was a god who sent disbelievers to hell they'd all burn).

If it's a remotely just god on the other hand I'd think he/she/it would respect the people who didn't buy into a random claim on horrible evidence, but kept an open mind and followed the evidence instead.