News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 18, 2019, 01:09:01 PM
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/pennsylvania-shell-workers-only-paid-if-attended-trump-speech_n_5d576dd7e4b056fafd0c08db?utm_campaign=hp_fb_pages&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=politics_fb&section=politics&ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000013&fbclid=IwAR3Fi_15fjuvutLOq_RUWtXR4CurmThJg3dAIeE7cKLfp_kXSFRd1dCi07w

Shell workers were threatened with losing their pay, if they did not attend a Trump speech. No protests allowed. Wonder what the "free speech" advocates think of that. Any outrage from Fox News? Ben Shapiro? Steven Crowder? Anybody?

Unfortunately, Shell is a private company. The bosses can make those requirements.  Still it's crass on their part.

Blackleaf

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 18, 2019, 02:31:15 PM
Unfortunately, Shell is a private company. The bosses can make those requirements.  Still it's crass on their part.

I'm not so sure about that. Withholding pay to impose political participation is very dicey. If you work, you're entitled to your pay. I'm fairly certain the IRS would not accept "but they didn't pretend to show support for Trump" as an excuse. Calling it "optional" is also complete nonsense. Bullying is what it is. Why do Conservatives think it's okay to impose their religious/political views on employees, but whine when a football player kneels? "We're not paying you to protest!" Well, unless I'm working at a church, I'm not being paid to promote your bullshit either. Fucking hypocrites, all of them.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 18, 2019, 02:40:33 PM
I'm not so sure about that. Withholding pay to impose political participation is very dicey. If you work, you're entitled to your pay. I'm fairly certain the IRS would not accept "but they didn't pretend to show support for Trump" as an excuse. Calling it "optional" is also complete nonsense. Bullying is what it is. Why do Conservatives think it's okay to impose their religious/political views on employees, but whine when a football player kneels? "We're not paying you to protest!" Well, unless I'm working at a church, I'm not being paid to promote your bullshit either. Fucking hypocrites, all of them.

I understand. It can only be characterized as disgusting. But for many of those folks, they are working from paycheck to paycheck, hard for them to risk getting fire. OTOH, they can get their revenge at the ballot box.

Unbeliever

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 18, 2019, 02:31:15 PM
Unfortunately, Shell is a private company. The bosses can make those requirements. 

Yeah, corporations are not democratic entities. There's nothing at all democratic about capitalism.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 18, 2019, 02:40:33 PM

Everything is open to contention, lawyer up and see what "justice" is.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 18, 2019, 02:55:19 PM
I understand. It can only be characterized as disgusting. But for many of those folks, they are working from paycheck to paycheck, hard for them to risk getting fire. OTOH, they can get their revenge at the ballot box.

They can always quit, and join the Army of Unemployed ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 18, 2019, 05:17:50 PM
Yeah, corporations are not democratic entities. There's nothing at all democratic about capitalism.

There is nothing democratic about marriage or families either.  If you like democracy, go get a boyfriend in ancient Athens (who qualifies for full citizenship).  The point of democracy is to get the proles to pretend that they have a choice.  Fraud for over 2000 years now.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 18, 2019, 08:27:24 PM
The point of democracy is to get the proles to pretend that they have a choice.  Fraud for over 2000 years now.

!980, Carter defeated; 1992, Bush Sr defeated. The proles do have a choice.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 18, 2019, 08:25:47 PM
They can always quit, and join the Army of Unemployed ;-)

Grow up. Life is never that easy.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 19, 2019, 05:15:28 AM

!980, Carter defeated; 1992, Bush Sr defeated. The proles do have a choice.

A choice between CIA preselected candidates.  No free candidates since 1948.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 19, 2019, 05:16:24 AM

Grow up. Life is never that easy.

Sartre says .. you always have a choice.  You can choose to join the Resistance even if it means certainty of dying.  Unfortunately, in the case of economic collapse, being in the Army of Unemployed is short term, not because you return to employment, but because you die.

Plenty of people I have known, have joined the Army, to avoid the Army of Unemployed.  Your idol (of all academics, who are mostly government employees) didn't predict that.  His beard also failed to predict consumerism.  How could he?  He operated in the days of the Robber Barons and steam trains enabled by state right of way giveaways.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 19, 2019, 10:01:14 AM
A choice between CIA preselected candidates.  No free candidates since 1948.
So Trump is a preselected candidate... and I thought Putin preselected him.

CRACKPOT

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on August 19, 2019, 10:07:41 AM
So Trump is a preselected candidate... and I thought Putin preselected him.

CRACKPOT

You are obsessed.  Either at everything Russian (Russo-phobia) or everything Putin (Putin-phobia).  This isn't a philosophy or politics, it is a medical condition.  Of course both Russia and Putin exist.  You aren't delusional or hallucinating (seeing pink elephants).  Those aren't medically the same.  It is normal, to have a temporary idea fixe.  What is abnormal is the inability to change attention/hypothesis.  This is a psychopathy (not a psychosis).

I understand this.  The army of dirty commies is hiding under my bed.  Plausible because commies are real.  Not plausible in that not more than one can fit under my bed ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 19, 2019, 10:05:03 AM
Sartre says .. you always have a choice.  You can choose to join the Resistance even if it means certainty of dying.  Unfortunately, in the case of economic collapse, being in the Army of Unemployed is short term, not because you return to employment, but because you die.

Sartre never joined the Resistance. He said, "Never were we freer than under the German occupation." He needed to be in a prison in order to be free. Perhaps you should check yourself in a mental institute. You'll never be so free...

QuotePlenty of people I have known, have joined the Army, to avoid the Army of Unemployed.  Your idol (of all academics, who are mostly government employees) didn't predict that.  His beard also failed to predict consumerism.  How could he?  He operated in the days of the Robber Barons and steam trains enabled by state right of way giveaways.
Intellectual pursuit is far more important than joining the Army. Without it, we'd be still living in caves to the age of 38, still believing that thunder is the wrath of a deity and we must sacrifice a young virgin to appease it.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on August 19, 2019, 10:14:56 AM
You are obsessed. 

No, the obsession is yours with conspiracy theory. That you project that on me is another symptom of your mental condition.