News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Lots of Presidents have faked their religiosity.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Yeah, as Aristotle pointed out, "A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side."
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Having the Spartans on your side, even better than the gods.  Just ask the Athenians.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

First he disavowed now he defends "send her back".

Take that FAKE NEWS.

Unbeliever

"I am the most fabulous whiner. I do whine because I want to win. And I'm not happy if I'm not winning. And I am a whiner. And I'm a whiner and I keep whining and whining until I win," said Donald J. Trump

So, when Trump whines it's so he can win, but when someone else whines they should go back to their shit-hole country?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xms8iV8ae-c
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

I would be happy if most people would go back to their shit hole countries - Crazy Horse (sarc)

Democrats became the permanent "France 1940" party ... by surrendering on Vietnam, 50 years ago.  They are ashamed of winning, and of everything else.  Vichy Dems.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: josephpalazzo on July 14, 2019, 04:08:54 PM
He is AF permanent troll, and like genital herpes - no one on AF wants talk about it.

Yeah, but he once had so much potential to offer.  I remember in my first days here, he could actually offer serious debate and information.  People change.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on July 20, 2019, 01:07:02 AM
Yeah, but he once had so much potential to offer.  I remember in my first days here, he could actually offer serious debate and information.  People change.

Joe and I had an unfortunate falling out.  That was before you arrived.  He seems better now.  You just regurgitate Yankee prejudices.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Cavebear on July 20, 2019, 01:07:02 AM
Naw, I saw it from the very beginning - all smoke and mirror.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on July 20, 2019, 06:36:11 AM
Naw, I saw it from the very beginning - all smoke and mirror.

Smoke and mirrors can be useful.  Semaphore?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I grew up thinking that people were rational.  Both my parents were and even the religious relatives were )other than a deity) rather fact-oriented.  And we all generally stayed by ourselves.  So when I went off to college, it was a shock to discover really idiotic peers.  I tried to understand their POV as best I could at first, but there came a day when I said to myself "screw this, they are just nutso".

I became convinced that SAT/ACT/IQ tests failed to measure superstitious beliefs.  Like the creationists who were convinced that humans and dinosaurs lived at the same time, but who knew what the "passing" answers were on tests so they could get degrees. 

Those people are among us.  They show up politically as those elected representatives who deny climate change and de-fund or deliberately mismanage science agencies.  They show up as chanters at political rallies (MAGA hatters, Lock Her Up, and most recently Go Backs).  They are the neighbors next door that you don't know well because the first and only time you talked to them, you got a creepy feeling about them.

They are the people who think vaccines are a government plot, who think the moon landings were faked, who think there is a Loch Ness Monster, who think that Noah's Ark is buried in the side of a mountain and the pictures are hidden, and who think there are secret societies that rule the world.

I come here to escape all that.  And they are here too...

*sigh*

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Cavebear on July 20, 2019, 08:18:01 AM

I come here to escape all that.  And they are here too...

*sigh*

But here it's easy to ignore the noise. I have a motto - don't feed the troll.

Cavebear

Quote from: josephpalazzo on July 20, 2019, 08:56:53 AM
But here it's easy to ignore the noise. I have a motto - don't feed the troll.

He's the only game in town too often, sadly...

I have several choices.  I can talk to myself.  I can talk to my 3 cats.  I can come here hoping for rational discussion.  I don't get much of the latter sometimes. And while I do love the cats, they do sleep a lot especially at night.

If you and other atheists posted more often, I would prefer to post to you.  But sometimes, you take what you can get.  And when Baruch is all I can get, I take it.  Comprende?

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 19, 2019, 07:36:12 PM
"I am the most fabulous whiner. I do whine because I want to win. And I'm not happy if I'm not winning. And I am a whiner. And I'm a whiner and I keep whining and whining until I win," said Donald J. Trump

So, when Trump whines it's so he can win, but when someone else whines they should go back to their shit-hole country?

The bigger picture is that Trump knows how to manipulate the media - he's had 40 years of experience. That's why what Omar is doing right now is helping Trump and hurting the Dems. For her own good and that of her party, she should take a step back and go for a long vacation. Why? Because she's getting more headlines than 19 out of those who are trying to win the Democratic nomination. And that's not good. Trump is trying to cast her face as that of the Dems, which is by far not the case. If she were trying to win the nomination then that publicity would be great. But she's not running. And engaging in a dirty fight with Trump, you will lose. Trump is an expert of turning a lost into a win. She's not. She's falling into a trap set by the GOP's, who are demonizing her on Fox News and other right-wing outlets. Like the song says, "You've got to know when to hold them, when to fold them, when to walk away, know when to run..."

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Cavebear on July 20, 2019, 09:15:14 AM
He's the only game in town too often, sadly...

I have several choices.  I can talk to myself.  I can talk to my 3 cats.  I can come here hoping for rational discussion.  I don't get much of the latter sometimes. And while I do love the cats, they do sleep a lot especially at night.

If you and other atheists posted more often, I would prefer to post to you.  But sometimes, you take what you can get.  And when Baruch is all I can get, I take it.  Comprende?

In Italian, it would be, Capice? pronounced as capishhhh...

I hear you. I can only speak for myself. The last two years, I've published 2 books, written a third one, which is in its last stage of revision. I'm hoping to have it published by January 2020. So I've been busy and had little time to post on AF. But you are right, we have too many trolls. I was here in the days when trolls would not fare very well. But with a change of admin/owners, the policy has been to tolerate them, be polite towards them - perfect environment for trolls to flourish. That also has the effect to chase away, discourage those who do seek a more reasonable discourse on a variety of topics. As you aptly said, you take what you can get. But still be choosy as to whom you want to reply.