News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Impeach Trump????

Started by fencerider, September 30, 2017, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on September 04, 2018, 01:22:44 PM
I think that politics has replaced religion.

The same animosity and hatred between Democrats and Republicans that was between Catholics and Protestants in Northern Ireland until they come to their senses.

Don't hold your breath .. R and D are senseless.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

The same animosity and hatred between Democrats and Republicans that was between Catholics and Protestants in Northern Ireland until they come to their senses.

And just like in that situation, one side is actually pretty objectively in the right and one is pretty objectively in the wrong.

Also, if you think religion isn't a big part of America's hatred... well, once again you really need to learn more about American culture.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Advice from someone free of animosity?  Or just as angry and for much, much stupider reasons?

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on September 04, 2018, 01:39:56 PM
And just like in that situation, one side is actually pretty objectively in the right and one is pretty objectively in the wrong.

Also, if you think religion isn't a big part of America's hatred... well, once again you really need to learn more about American culture.

Exactly ... the Catholics should burn all the Protestants at the stake ;-)

Americans are very religious, and ideological.  Even without religion, we would kill over ideology.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

QuoteShortly after his first congressional campaign in 1988, radio station WRCR-FM in Rushville, Indiana hired Pence to host a weekly half-hour radio show, Washington Update with Mike Pence. In 1992, Pence began hosting a daily talk show on WRCR, The Mike Pence Show, in addition to a Saturday show on WNDE in Indianapolis.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...the next president of the United States of America!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKO_IhgKKpQ

I'm sure Pence has been chomping at the bit just waiting for his chance to become the most powerful man in the world - and turn America into a Dominionist Christian theocracy.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Here's our Fearless Leader, meeting with sheriffs, getting from them a plaque:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuOkhbqbUs8

Jeez, it's getting hard to listen to this traitor!
God Not Found

Baruch

Hopefully you will get theocrat Pence.  And he will burn all the atheists (I don't want that).  Beware of what you ask for.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Well, it ought to be an interesting day in the White House today...

I am less disturbed by White House staffers taking it upon themselves to prevent an unstable President from issuing dangerous orders â€" Kissinger and Schlesinger did the same towards the end of the Nixon Administration, ordering the military command to verify with them any nuclear launch order, and when Nixon boarded the helicopter to take him away from the White House, the nuclear football did not go with him even though he would still be president for another two hours.

What I do find disturbing is their willingness to allow all the damage that the Orange Disaster Area is doing domestically and internationally, because he gives them cover to pursue their political goals, particularly the ones they know are unpopular and unwanted.  I don’t care if they’ve prevented some of the damage: they’re still willing to let this unstable narcissist be (nominally) in control because they can get all their right wing madness implemented while everyone’s watching the lunatic rant.

That’s cowardly and dishonest.  They know the man they’re trying to “contain” is a danger to the country, and rather than take the legal route â€" Section 4 of the 25th Amendment â€" they’re content to let the White House be a clown car rather than a limousine.  Because their political and policy goals are more important to them than the well-being of the nation.  The writer is no unsung hero, secretly protecting the nation from an out-of-control president.  The writer is an anonymous coward, using the sideshow as a cover.

I find the timing interesting: no one's talking about Kavanaugh now, giving Senate Republicans an additional chance to shove through the nomination without anyone looking too closely.

The Orange Disaster Area, meanwhile, is throwing a screaming purple fit, calling it treason and demanding the Times hand over the name of the writer.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on September 06, 2018, 11:24:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2Mh9KxdSzg&t=318s

Coup de etat is all American.  That is what the Constitutional convention under Washington and Franklin were doing ... ask Patrick Henry and Thomas Jefferson.

Mike Pence wants to be President badly, same as LBJ.  Same as George H W Bush (see Reagan shooting).  Or it could be a setup of Pence.

Democrats so desperate, they are even willing to support a R-person assassinating a R-President.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on September 06, 2018, 11:24:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2Mh9KxdSzg&t=318s

"Totally anonymous, hur hur funny how that works..."

Yes, tell me more about how you would publish an article about how your boss is a lunatic under your own name. It's kinda like those damn whistleblowers, always wanting to protect the anonymity and stuff to avoid retribution! What a bunch of cucks!

You keep on sharing this guy, and I have to admit I have only watched a few clips, but he doesn't seem to be the brightest tool in the rocket science.

Unbeliever

I'm looking forward to Trump's meltdown over this. I wonder just how desperate he's becoming. His tweets should be fun to read for a change!
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on September 06, 2018, 03:16:46 PM
I'm looking forward to Trump's meltdown over this. I wonder just how desperate he's becoming. His tweets should be fun to read for a change!

Without Trump you might not have any entertainment at all.  Grousing is what the grouses here do best ;-)

Anonymous accusations ... just like a show trial in the old Soviet Union .. who would have thunk it?

A great many accusations actually come without anonymity ... maybe they are just stupid ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on September 06, 2018, 01:36:41 PMYou keep on sharing this guy, and I have to admit I have only watched a few clips, but he doesn't seem to be the brightest tool in the rocket science.
PR probably doubles this guy's views.