Mr.Obvious

Well now I'm curious.

Not too curious to force anything.

But curious.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

PopeyesPappy

Some wall of text it took me 10 seconds to scroll to the bottom of praising her favorite deity.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Shiranu

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on August 19, 2021, 10:05:35 PM
Some wall of text it took me 10 seconds to scroll to the bottom of praising her favorite deity.

Nothing convinces strangers like having the first thing out of your mouth being a screamed essay of your obsession.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on August 19, 2021, 11:45:29 PM
Nothing convinces strangers like having the first thing out of your mouth being a screamed essay of your obsession.
I love it when the second page of a barely literate tirade delivered to complete strangers who never asked is the assertion that cult members are absolutely 100% rational.

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 19, 2021, 11:48:51 PM
I love it when the second page of a barely literate tirade delivered to complete strangers who never asked is the assertion that cult members are absolutely 100% rational.

I know they don't realize just how batshit they sound, and I do feel bad that they are so far into their delusion... but if you are coming on here to spam weird shit like that you clearly aren't struggling and I'm concerned about how you can get through your daily life without your employer or customers being turned off by your personality or beliefs.

The fact that society enables this type of behavior is disturbing, and I wonder if it's because they hide it in public... or people are either too afraid to call them out on it or worse yet agree with it.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cassia

The 'subtle' ones are worse, IMHO. I have acquaintances who with every chance, try to inject their nonsense into our psyches. People who I otherwise like. It is so tiresome. 

Mr.Obvious

Yeah it's like, you are enjoying an afternoon in the sun with a glass of wine. And suddenly they start going off about how they can sense energy fields and chakra's and stuff.
And you just take a deep swig because you don't want to ruin the mood and hope they move on from their insanity already.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Cassia

It's great how some believers think they are gonna school this atheist who did ALL the homework. They look at their cherry-picked version of their fiction and then all the suggestions on how to own an atheist. I have largely given up on them.

It's really just another religion, you know?...you are just mad at god. You have yet to have a personal experience....feel god's love, you just need to read god's word, in a group.

And when it comes time to "learn me some" they fuck it all up when I have heard enough and start in on them. Their battle plans go to hell. LOL. Some have slowly figured out they are out of their league but I have one acquaintance who has been trying to save me for years. It has been a while but i do wonder when they will try again.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cassia on August 20, 2021, 01:12:32 PM
It's great how some believers think they are gonna school this atheist who did ALL the homework. They look at their cherry-picked version of their fiction and then all the suggestions on how to own an atheist. I have largely given up on them.

It's really just another religion, you know?...you are just mad at god. You have yet to have a personal experience....feel god's love, you just need to read god's word, in a group.

And when it comes time to "learn me some" they fuck it all up when I have heard enough and start in on them. Their battle plans go to hell. LOL. Some have slowly figured out they are out of their league but I have one acquaintance who has been trying to save me for years. It has been a while but i do wonder when they will try again.
I love it (well, you know, actually the opposite of that:)) when a believer tells me that I need to read the Word and that will do it.  When I tell them I have read The Word (I even tell them which version of TW I've read) from cover to cover and then start pointing out the errors and inconstancies and the nonsense, they either leave or tell me I'm reading it wrong.  :)))  And it often comes up that the believer has not read the Word from cover to cover or even close.  If they are still there I ask them about the history of their religion and scripture.  That usually drives them off quickly.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cassia

You would think knowing the origins of your religion would be important. I love telling them that a huge portion of what they believe originated in the Persian monotheistic country of IRAN, LOL.