News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

New Warhammer 40k FPS game

Started by frosty, June 10, 2014, 05:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilentFutility

Yeah. Especially when you consider what other immensely good FPS games existed at the time.

frosty

One of the most absolutely annoying aspects of Fire Warrior is the terrible FOV that you can't change. So every single time a sniper is up ahead, I know I'm going to be re-trying that part of the game 10, 15 times. Not to mention the poor lighting quality. It's an OK game for it's time, and it is a bit deviant on the w40k rules, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it unless you really want to play some type of w40k fps game.

SilentFutility

Quote from: frosty on July 09, 2014, 01:42:38 PM
One of the most absolutely annoying aspects of Fire Warrior is the terrible FOV that you can't change. So every single time a sniper is up ahead, I know I'm going to be re-trying that part of the game 10, 15 times. Not to mention the poor lighting quality. It's an OK game for it's time, and it is a bit deviant on the w40k rules, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it unless you really want to play some type of w40k fps game.

Is it though? Timesplitters 1 is three years older, Timesplitters 2 is one year older (although admittedly TS2 was an absolute masterpiece and still is), Half-Life, Counter-Strike, even CCS is only a year newer. Admittedly I haven't played Fire Warrior but from the videos it looks bad. Shooting enemies who don't react to being shot and just take hits until they die while shooting back at you over and over again while following a linear path.