Terrorists open fire on "Draw Muhammed" event in Garland, TX

Started by Ace101, May 10, 2015, 02:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

No, pr126 doesn't think muslims are the same with anyone. He sees them as some sort of an orc army bent on conquering the Middle Earth. There is no rational apparoach there. There is just pure, stupid hatred.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

pr126

No Mike. I don't agree.
If there is no difference between the two religions then there would be an equal number of massacres, rapes, slave traders in both faiths.
But evidence tells us otherwise.

See what I mean?

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com

25,885 jihadist  terrorist attracts since 9/11.   much less than Christian terrorism in the same timespan.

drunkenshoe

Oh, Yeah. And I'm going to be the uncouth,'bad', 'biased', Eastern girl when I finally say, 'Why are you so fucking stupid and a bigot?', right?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Atheon

Christian dominionists would be just as murderous as the Islamists if they had the funding and the organization.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Mike Cl

Quote from: pr126 on May 16, 2015, 01:38:48 PM
No Mike. I don't agree.
If there is no difference between the two religions then there would be an equal number of massacres, rapes, slave traders in both faiths.
But evidence tells us otherwise.

See what I mean?

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com

25,885 jihadist  terrorist attracts since 9/11.   much less than Christian terrorism in the same timespan.

Yes, I do see what you mean.  But this is sort of trying to figure out who was worse--Hitler or Himmler?????  Does it matter??--both need to go.  I see Islam as being 600 yrs behind christianity.  Go back 600 years and the christians are as barbaric if not worse.  But, as I said--who cares which is the worse--both need to go!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

pr126

Both need to go. Well, it won't happen. Not for a long time yet. Maybe centuries from now.

pr126

Quote from: Atheon on May 16, 2015, 01:53:27 PM
Christian dominionists would be just as murderous as the Islamists if they had the funding and the organization.
And maybe if they were over a billion and a half of them.

Munch

Quote from: pr126 on May 16, 2015, 02:34:44 PM
Both need to go. Well, it won't happen. Not for a long time yet. Maybe centuries from now.

Throwing my own 2 cent in here, and not being an apologist in any way, but a lot of what a religious following is or does has a lot to do with the culture and location of where that culture is in the world. There is a reason why christianity was the violent, ruthless cult it was when it was formed, and why you can reflect on how it was back several thousend years to that of islamic following now, its because christianity came from a territorial culture in a barren land that spread its gospel of violence in a place where people struggled harder to live.

When you look at christianity in the western world, in a part of the world that has advanced in growth, agriculture, technology and medicine, it reflects in how people are progressively leaving faith behind, and the religions that remain are not as violent as they once where, as people slowly cast it off or to a lesser degree as it once was.
The same can't be said for people living in barren wastelands today since they are a more backwards culture, so violence and brutality is the nature of those cultures since they have so little in terms of progressive means. As a result, the cult following that comes from those cultures is violent in nature, just like christianity was when it came from the same place.

The human species when its complacent in what it has is able to advance without religion as a means of growth. When it can't, like living in inhospitable lands,  the insane violence that becomes the norm also becomes the psyche of the cults that come from it.

This isn't me making apologetics for the violence and bloodshed islam creates, when when we see how islamic followers who live in progressive societies act to those in the country the religion comes from, you get a real understanding of the human species and its failings and desperation.

this is why, as you say pr126, I don't think religion will ever truly be gone, because there will always be those areas of the world that just can't advance enough in terms of location, resources and means, to ever break from it. There will always be those areas of the world that just isn't capable of progressing that far on due to where people live in the world.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

aitm

Quote from: Munch on May 16, 2015, 02:58:58 PM
Throwing my own 2 cent in here, and not being an apologist in any way, but a lot of what a religious following is or does has a lot to do with the culture and location of where that culture is in the world. There is a reason why christianity was the violent, ruthless cult it was when it was formed, and why you can reflect on how it was back several thousend years to that of islamic following now, its because christianity came from a territorial culture in a barren land that spread its gospel of violence in a place where people struggled harder to live.

When you look at christianity in the western world, in a part of the world that has advanced in growth, agriculture, technology and medicine, it reflects in how people are progressively leaving faith behind, and the religions that remain are not as violent as they once where, as people slowly cast it off or to a lesser degree as it once was.
The same can't be said for people living in barren wastelands today since they are a more backwards culture, so violence and brutality is the nature of those cultures since they have so little in terms of progressive means. As a result, the cult following that comes from those cultures is violent in nature, just like christianity was when it came from the same place.

The human species when its complacent in what it has is able to advance without religion as a means of growth. When it can't, like living in inhospitable lands,  the insane violence that becomes the norm also becomes the psyche of the cults that come from it.

This isn't me making apologetics for the violence and bloodshed islam creates, when when we see how islamic followers who live in progressive societies act to those in the country the religion comes from, you get a real understanding of the human species and its failings and desperation.

this is why, as you say pr126, I don't think religion will ever truly be gone, because there will always be those areas of the world that just can't advance enough in terms of location, resources and means, to ever break from it. There will always be those areas of the world that just isn't capable of progressing that far on due to where people live in the world.
While some of this is quite true the very first ingredient needed for any and every religion to become less dogmatic and more "liberal" is education. Christians nations did not educate their people to be less christian, it was a unexpected consequence. Muslim countries used to be quite progressive on education for the masses, but it appears many countries have indeed seen what happens when the masses become more enlightened, a gradual but sure "spin" into liberalizing and relaxing dogma. Today in the US of A many have seen enough and want education to go backwards so we can embrace the "lard" again, and many muslim countries want no education at all other than the cu-rap being taught. Education is the first and most important ingredient to dogmatic relief.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

drunkenshoe

Quote from: pr126 on May 16, 2015, 02:34:44 PM

So just Christianity and Islam need to go? How about Judaism? You were talking about Abrahamic religions, right?

Munch

Quote from: aitm on May 16, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
While some of this is quite true the very first ingredient needed for any and every religion to become less dogmatic and more "liberal" is education. Christians nations did not educate their people to be less christian, it was a unexpected consequence. Muslim countries used to be quite progressive on education for the masses, but it appears many countries have indeed seen what happens when the masses become more enlightened, a gradual but sure "spin" into liberalizing and relaxing dogma. Today in the US of A many have seen enough and want education to go backwards so we can embrace the "lard" again, and many muslim countries want no education at all other than the cu-rap being taught. Education is the first and most important ingredient to dogmatic relief.

totally. It just takes time, a lot of time, and the time has to work within a culture progressive enough not to need religion to advance, able to cast it off for the dogma it is.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Munch on May 16, 2015, 03:28:08 PM
totally. It just takes time, a lot of time, and the time has to work within a culture progressive enough not to need religion to advance, able to cast it off for the dogma it is.

Like some muslims skinning a dog in front of high school because of a lesbian teacher?

pr126

Why, thank you Drunkenshoe.
I would not be fucking stupid and a bigot if I only dissed Christianity?

I see no one complains when Christianity is being attacked.
Or any other religion except the one that must not be named.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: pr126 on May 16, 2015, 03:39:12 PM
Why, thank you Drunkenshoe.
I would not be fucking stupid and a bigot if I only dissed Christianity?

I see no one complains when Christianity is being attacked.
Or any other religion except the one that must not be named.

No pr, you are just too stupid to get what happens in between.

E: so > too

Munch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 16, 2015, 03:33:50 PM
Like some muslims skinning a dog in front of high school because of a lesbian teacher?

give it a few hundred years of the muslim culture in britian to grow and they may well stop doing that.
I can't remember the last witch burnings in america of late, so they may well have hope.