Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Christian God=the evil doer.

Started by Mike Cl, March 13, 2016, 05:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

The Word itself tells us that God is evil:

2Samuel 12:11-12
Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give [them] unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.
For thou didst [it] secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun.

Jeremiah 18:11
Now therefore go to, speak to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, saying, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I frame evil against you, and devise a device against you: return ye now every one from his evil way, and make your ways and your doings good.
Jeremiah 26:3
If so be they will hearken, and turn every man from his evil way, that I may repent me of the evil, which I purpose to do unto them because of the evil of their doings.

Jeremiah 40:2
And the captain of the guard took Jeremiah, and said unto him, The LORD thy God hath pronounced this evil upon this place.

Ezekiel 6:10
And they shall know that I [am] the LORD, [and that] I have not said in vain that I would do this evil unto them.

Amos 3:6
Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done [it]?

Micah 1:12
For the inhabitant of Maroth waited carefully for good: but evil came down from the LORD unto the gate of Jerusalem.

Micah 2:3
Therefore thus saith the LORD; Behold, against this family do I devise an evil, from which ye shall not remove your necks; neither shall ye go haughtily: for this time [is] evil.

Only tip of the ice berg as to just how evil the Christian God really is.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

sdelsolray

A plausible explanation is that this particular god is an fictional character originally created in the imaginations of certain humans and subsequently maintained by the imaginations of other humans.

Easy peasy.

gentle_dissident

Mike Cl

Quote from: sdelsolray on March 13, 2016, 06:26:13 PM
A plausible explanation is that this particular god is an fictional character originally created in the imaginations of certain humans and subsequently maintained by the imaginations of other humans.

Easy peasy.
Very plausible. 

So, does that make a person who actually believes in this fiction an evil person????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

stromboli

If you took a look at god objectively based on all the evidence, I'd think he definitely would come out a pretty evil being. The numerous diseases the human race has dealt with, hurricanes, tornadoes, shit hitting the planet from on high- doesn't look benign to me.

Theist explanation? 'cause gay.  :biggrin: Oh yeah. And atheists. Apparently we have inadvertent super powers simply by not praying.

LittleNipper

We now are living in a Fallen world, in a Fallen state. The entire Universe is wearing out as a result of the Fall of Adam and Eve. The good news is that there is an escape through Christ for a bright and beautiful eternity.

stromboli

You missed the part about Adam and Eve being "borrowed" from Babylonian and other myths.

QuoteThe purpose of recounting these ancient myths and legends is to illustrate their similarities to the events in Eden. It is not necessary to prove that the biblical writers drew directly from any one of them; but to show that they were influenced by the cultures around them.
There is no harm in recognizing them as epic fables. But when the Church insists with a straight face that The Fall of Man is an historical truth, while all the others are pagan myths, it's crossed the moral boundary into deceit and plagiarism. The Church is most importantly concerned with saving itself.
The question of origins bothered ancients as much as it bothers moderns today. The difference is that ancients had no science and written history from which to relate to their contemporaries. So they did the next best thing. They applied their imaginations.

Link:
http://www.usbible.com/Creation/creation_myths.htm

You can say this is bogus but earlier I provided another link you apparently didn't read. Adam and Eve is allegory. The earth is not +or- 10,000 years old. Carry on.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: LittleNipper on March 13, 2016, 07:18:23 PM
We now are living in a Fallen world, in a Fallen state. The entire Universe is wearing out as a result of the Fall of Adam and Eve. The good news is that there is an escape through Christ for a bright and beautiful eternity.
Bad news is I heard he was on the way and aborted him with a garden spade.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

PickelledEggs

We need god to forgive us for all of his sins.

aitm

The entire Universe is …….

Like you even have a clue about the size of the universe. To the babble the sky its water and everything is under it, including the stars, sun and moon. You are simply an idiot.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 13, 2016, 08:03:53 PM
Bad news is I heard he was on the way and aborted him with a garden spade.

Harsh methods.... After 2,000 years it is entirely possible he lost the directions. Do they have sat nav in heaven?

Oh btw, the scripture......

Quote“For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds. Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.“ (Matthew 16: 27, 28)

So somebody's been hanging around for 2,000 years. Sound incredibly boring. Or else the bible isn't inerrant, there's a lot of erroneous shit in it. Hmmmm....... carry on.

stromboli

Quote from: aitm on March 13, 2016, 08:18:51 PM
Like you even have a clue about the size of the universe. To the babble the sky its water and everything is under it, including the stars, sun and moon. You are simply an idiot.

Yes. Something like this.

Baruch

Jesus overturns entropy?  This means that in Heaven, there can be an absolute zero Kelvin temperature (hence Hell freezes over) and there can be a perpetual motion machine (see G-d as portrayed in Ezekiel, with a portable flying throne carried by cherubim and seraphim (wind and fire)).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Thank you, Nip!  This is the response I had when I read this for the first time----HAHAHAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!  That is a belly laugh--haven't had one is awhile...........thanks again, Nip.  but your ideas are so stupid-----no, not stupid, beyond stupid.  But very christian.

Hydra009

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 13, 2016, 07:04:49 PMVery plausible. 

So, does that make a person who actually believes in this fiction an evil person????
Not necessarily (though I do wonder about the people eager to mete out punishment on behalf of God)

People who believe these stories are typically the products of childhood indoctrination which is then reinforced by society as a whole.  If I was told as an infant that the moon's craters are dragon nests and everyone that I had ever met believed the same, I would likely also hold that view.  Especially if disbelief results in shunning or worse.