Main Menu

The Refugee Crisis

Started by stromboli, September 01, 2015, 11:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

Quote from: pr126 on October 17, 2015, 10:59:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ-QX8LuKHA

WTF

You see this is the thing that is wrong in the UK. If those demonstrations had taken place in the US, these people would have been put in their places. I'm surprised that the Brits seem to be so complacent.

In the Million Muslim March, organized in Washington DC in 2013, it was met with  the '2 Million Bikers to DC' counter-protest. Only a few dozens showed up for the first, an estimate 75,000 for the latter.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on October 17, 2015, 10:28:34 AM
More or less the same in all western Europe.

When the money runs  out watch the fireworks.

There is more than one way for the money to run out ... but paying for large number of refugees can't help.  How long will the US hold out when the dollar is toilet paper?  We won't be able to pay our military either.  It may be that ... Europe is the test case ... of turning most of the world into Zimbabwe.  There could be ... much larger plots than just over-running Europe with refugees formerly in Turkey.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on October 17, 2015, 11:24:29 AM
How long will the US hold out when the dollar is toilet paper?  We won't be able to pay our military either.  It may be that ... Europe is the test case ... of turning most of the world into Zimbabwe. 

There is little risk of the type of hyperinflation that plagued Zimbabwe: interest rate and inflation rate are at historically lows.

mauricio

Quote from: SGOS on October 17, 2015, 07:30:02 AM
For what it's worth, I was talking to my sister and brother-in-law the other day.  They were planning a trip to Sweden, but my brother-in-law doesn't do anything without researching it in depth before hand.  They decided not to go, because they were left with the impression that things are becoming chaotic there.  Apparently Sweden was gearing up to accommodate an estimated 10,000 refugees, but it turns out they are getting something like 5,000 per week, and they are not prepared to adequately handle that kind of influx.

Somewhere between a country's moral obligation to give asylum to foreigners fleeing a terrifying situation, and the country's infrastructure to accommodate them, there are some realistic political, physical, and social problems to deal with.  I don't think any government acts under a belief that no matter how many refugees show up, they are morally obligated to take care of them all.  There are strains that the system will have to endure, and at some point the strains break the system.  And then a whole new set of moral questions show up.  Is a country obligated to take care of its citizens that have worked to support it?

How did Europe cope with these problems in the past?  This situation is certainly not new, although it does appear to be more massive, but how can it be so massive when the vast proportion of Muslims supposedly disagree with Isis.  With Isis representing such a teensy minority, where do they get the vast numbers of supporters that allow them to wield that much power?  Something doesn't add up.

Well there's the subterfuge war for influence between the NATO and Russia using assad and the rebels as proxy. There's also a lot of arabs using the opportunity to migrate to the country with the best welfare.

mauricio

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 17, 2015, 11:15:02 AM
WTF

You see this is the thing that is wrong in the UK. If those demonstrations had taken place in the US, these people would have been put in their places. I'm surprised that the Brits seem to be so complacent.

In the Million Muslim March, organized in Washington DC in 2013, it was met with  the '2 Million Bikers to DC' counter-protest. Only a few dozens showed up for the first, an estimate 75,000 for the latter.

what I do not understand is that britain has this retarded hate speech laws , those guys are clearly breaking them, they should be prosecuted (or maybe that protest was before those laws were made?)

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 17, 2015, 01:56:54 PM
There is little risk of the type of hyperinflation that plagued Zimbabwe: interest rate and inflation rate are at historically lows.

Bwahaha ... laughing all the way to the bank ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: mauricio on October 17, 2015, 02:45:48 PM
what I do not understand is that britain has this retarded hate speech laws , those guys are clearly breaking them, they should be prosecuted (or maybe that protest was before those laws were made?)

Yep, I'd like to se pr answer that question as he is closer to that than we are.

Baruch

Quote from: mauricio on October 17, 2015, 02:45:48 PM

Selective enforcement ... they had a really bad imam some years ago, and they let him circulate hate for years.  The US is good at selective enforcement also.  And there is always the dark possibility, that some of these guys are MI6 agent provocateurs.  The FBI has done a lot of that since 9/11 ... most plots uncovered are idiots who were put up to it by FBI agents.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on October 17, 2015, 02:56:58 PM
Bwahaha ... laughing all the way to the bank ;-)

Not wise. If interest are at historical low, you want to put your money in the stock exchange or real estate.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 17, 2015, 02:59:29 PM
Not wise. If interest are at historical low, you want to put your money in the stock exchange or real estate.

Don't make me laugh so hard, you are giving me a cardiac ... erh ... (drops to floor)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on October 17, 2015, 03:00:40 PM
Don't make me laugh so hard, you are giving me a cardiac ... erh ... (drops to floor)

Hey, that advice was free. Go to a financial advisor for the same advice and you're going to be a few hundred dollars short.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 17, 2015, 03:09:10 PM
Hey, that advice was free. Go to a financial advisor for the same advice and you're going to be a few hundred dollars short.

And you never heard that free advice is worth what you pay for it?  I suppose that was originally about hiring legal representation.

I never practice as a financial advisor, without a license ... other than ...

1. Nobody can predict the future ... therefore ...
2. Diversify, diversify, diversify
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on October 17, 2015, 03:12:49 PM
And you never heard that free advice is worth what you pay for it?  I suppose that was originally about hiring legal representation.

I never practice as a financial advisor, without a license ... other than ...

1. Nobody can predict the future ... therefore ...
2. Diversify, diversify, diversify

Number 2 is the advice I gave you, moron.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 17, 2015, 03:15:42 PM
Number 2 is the advice I gave you, moron.

So to summarize the next couple of posts, to save time ...

P: I told you so
B: No you didn't
P: Yes I did
B: You are repeating yourself
P: #$##%#
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.