Obama "Irresponsible" For Fast Tracking Ebola Vaccines

Started by stromboli, October 16, 2014, 06:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

http://www.salon.com/2014/10/16/right_to_life_group_calls_obama_administration_irresponsible_for_fast_tracking_ebola_vaccines/

QuoteAs the Obama administration faces ongoing backlash over its handling of the U.S. Ebola outbreak, a new criticism has emerged from the right â€" this time, over the administration’s clearest method of preventing the spread of the virus. On Thursday, the religious right-to-life group Children of God for Life issued a statement opposing federally funded projects to develop an Ebola vaccine that rely on the use of stem cells, calling the Obama administration “irresponsible” for approving them.

“It is completely irresponsible of this administration to put these problem vaccines on fast-track for approval and ignore the fact that a massive number of people may very well refuse them,” Children of God for Life director Debi Vinnedge said. “Why not fast track a product that everyone can use in good conscience?”

Judie Brown, president of COGFL affiliate organization American Life League issued a joint statement calling on “every person who values the life of every human being” to petition the Department of Health and Human Services, NIH, FDA and NIAID to stop research on two particular potential Ebola vaccines. “It is absolutely outrageous that a scientist would consider using aborted fetal cell lines in manufacturing any Ebola vaccine,” Brown said.

COFGL has also been known to push discredited claims that vaccines cause autism, Right Wing Watch reports.

On Wednesday, the World Health Organization released a report estimating that as of Oct. 12, 4,493 people worldwide had died from Ebola. WHO also reported a total of 8,997 confirmed, probable and suspected cases of Ebola in seven countries, including the U.S.

A. Stem cells can be developed without the use of aborted fetal cell lines

B. The world is screaming for a cure and the COFGL  people are against it?

D. didn't we just announce a potential cure for type 1 Diabetes from stem cell research?

E.  :doh:

the_antithesis

Mike Cl

Quote from: the_antithesis on October 16, 2014, 06:13:05 PM
I hope they die of ebola.
I just hope they die!  If being stupid was lethal, they'd all be dead by now.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Just checked out their twitter.  They're 1 part cult, 2 parts anti-vaxxer nutcases, and 2 parts anti-abortion lobby.  They're like everything bad about the Christian Right combined.

SGOS

AllPurposeAtheist

All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

AllPurposeAtheist

What do people do to become that stupid anyway?  I say dig a big goddamn hole in Nebraska, dump em in it and throw ebola infected cats in with them..

Solitary

Tell me that organized religious bigoted idiots aren't destroying the world! They "will" bring on the End Of Times with their ignorance.  :fU: :wall: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

What's really amazing is these people can make you feel stupid for not being able to grasp just how utterly stupid they are.. :think:

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Solitary on October 16, 2014, 07:41:25 PM

Who cares what they think? If ugly were a prerequisite for stupidity....well. .you know. .:lol:

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: the_antithesis on October 16, 2014, 06:13:05 PM

A. Stem cells can be developed without the use of aborted fetal cell lines

B. The world is screaming for a cure and the COFGL  people are against it?

D. didn't we just announce a potential cure for type 1 Diabetes from stem cell research?

E.  :doh:
F. PROFIT!
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

AllPurposeAtheist

Maybe they can get stem cells from the shroud of Turin. ..

lyeman

I don't like vaccine injections because they have mercury and aluminum compounds, but I don't think the microbes themselves are harmful.

Hydra009

Quote from: lyeman on October 16, 2014, 08:40:35 PM
I don't like vaccine injections because they have mercury and aluminum compounds, but I don't think the microbes themselves are harmful.